Apple announces 3 new Macs
12th November, 2020 at 4:35 pm by Flynn
- Apple has announced 3 new Macs, all with their new M1 Apple Silicon chip
- New 13.3” MacBook Air with 3.5x faster CPU, 5x faster graphics, and up to 18 hours of battery life
- New Mac mini with a 3x faster CPU, an 8-core GPU, 6x faster graphics and more
- New 13.3” MacBook Pro with 2.8x faster CPU, up to 5x fast graphics and up to 20 hours of battery life
- The MacBook Air starts at $999, the MacBook Pro starts at $1,299 and the Mac Mini starts at $699
Apple held their “One more thing” special event on Tuesday, where they announced their first-ever homemade chip for the Mac. The new chip is called M1, and it’s Apple’s first-generation Apple Silicon chip.
Alongside the new chip, Apple announced three new versions of the Mac with M1. Aside from their internals, all 3 Macs look nearly identical to previous models. First up as the new MacBook Air, with a 13.3” Retina display and 3.5x faster CPU. Apple also claims it has up to 5x faster graphics, and up to 18 hours battery life. Hefty claims.
Next up was the Mac mini, with a 3x faster CPU, an 8-core GPU, 6x faster graphics and more.
Finally was the MacBook Pro. The MacBook Pro has the same size screen as the MacBook Air - 13.3” Retina. It has a 2.8x faster CPU and up to 5x fast graphics. Amazingly, it also has a 20 hour battery life.
All three computers are available to order now and start shipping next week. The MacBook Air starts at $999, the MacBook Pro starts at $1,299 and the Mac Mini starts at $699.