Apple releases iOS 15 Beta 3, with changes to Safari and more
14th July, 2021 at 12:02 pm by Thomas
Today, Apple has released its third beta of iOS 15 to developers.
This update contains bug fixes and security improvements for your iPhone and iPad.
iOS 15 Beta 3 has a build number of 19A5297e. If you’re a developer, you can now download the update via the Settings app. If you’re not seeing iOS 15 Beta 3, be patient as it might take some time for the update to show up.
iOS 15 is also available for public beta testers, however, the newest beta has not yet been released for those users. There’s a possibility that the public beta will be available next week, if so, we’ll let you know, so be sure to follow us on our social media!
Here’s an overview of what’s new in iOS 15 Beta 3:
- There’s a new Splash Screen present in the App Store when you open it for the first time. This splash screen highlights in-app events, Safari Extensions for iOS, and the new App Store widget.
- There are some changes in the Safari app; the Search Bar has been redesigned.
- You’re now able to tap and hold on to the address bar in Safari to find a Reload option.
- New icons have been added to the Focus menu, those icons are now color-matched to your chosen Focus.
- The’s a new screen that explains the Focus Status in the Focus menu.
- New actions for the Background Sounds in the Shortcuts app.
- The Music home screen widgets have been redesigned when something is currently playing or paused. The widgets will now also change colors to match the currently playing song.