iPhone 15 Pro Max may feature the 'world's thinnest bezels'
20th March, 2023 at 6:03 am by Flynn
Image credit: Abijita Foundation
- The iPhone 15 Pro Max will have ultra-thin bezels of only 1.55mm, breaking the record for the smallest bezels on a smartphone.
- The Pro models will have even thinner bezels than the standard iPhone, but Always-On and ProMotion display technologies will be saved for the next iPhone 15 Pro models.
- All iPhone 15 models will reportedly have the Dynamic Island design and USB-C port, but only the Pro devices will have Wi-Fi 6E network functionality, upgraded RAM, titanium frame, and solid-state buttons with haptic feedback.
- The iPhone 15 series is expected to be announced in September, with the Pro models having significantly upgraded cameras and powered by Apple's new A17 chips, while the standard models will likely use the A16 chip.
- The iPhone 15 Pro Max's potential to be a game-changer in smartphone design is sure to be a hit with both tech enthusiasts and casual users.
Apple's latest iPhone, the iPhone 15 Pro Max, is set to break records with its ultra-thin bezels around the display. Reports suggest that the smartphone will have front bezels that are only 1.55mm thick, making it the smartphone with the smallest bezels ever created. The current record for the thinnest bezel is held by the Xiaomi 13 with a thickness of 1.81mm.
The glass panels of the iPhone 15 series were recently shown in a leaked video, which revealed that the Pro models will have thinner bezels than the standard phone. However, reports suggest that Apple will save its Always-On and ProMotion display technologies for the next iPhone 15 Pro and iPhone 15 Pro Max smartphone models. Image credit: GSM Arena The iPhone X, released in 2017, was the first phone to introduce slim bezels on all sides except for the top notch. However, other phone manufacturers have since caught up and Apple has been gradually reducing the width of its bezels over time. The upcoming iPhone 15 Pro Max is set to be a game-changer in terms of design, with its super-thin bezel treatment.
The iPhone 15 Pro Max will not be alone in having thinner bezels, as CAD renders show that the smaller iPhone 15 Pro will also have thinner bezels. Both phones will use the "Dynamic Island" design with a centered pill-shaped punch hole. The standard iPhone 15 and 15 Plus will also switch to the Dynamic Island design but will not have ProMotion displays. Image credit: DNP India One significant change coming to all iPhone 15 models is the USB-C port, according to reports. Rumors suggest that the iPhone 15 Pro and iPhone 15 Pro Max will also have upgraded RAM, a titanium frame, and solid-state buttons with haptic feedback. Additionally, only the iPhone 15 Pro devices will have Wi-Fi 6E network functionality from the iPhone manufacturer.
Apple's new iPhones are expected to be announced in September, with previous rumors suggesting that the Pro models will have significantly upgraded cameras, new solid-state volume and power buttons, Apple's new A17 chips, and USB-C instead of Apple's proprietary Lightning port. The iPhone 15 and 15 Plus will also get the USB-C port and new buttons, as well as improved cameras, but they'll likely be powered by Apple's A16 chip. Image credit: Macworld Overall, the iPhone 15 Pro Max is set to push the boundaries of smartphone design with its ultra-thin bezels and rumored upgrades. With its potential to be a game-changer in terms of design, it's sure to be a hit with tech enthusiasts and casual users alike.