The new iPad mini is coming in 2024, rumors say
31st January, 2023 at 5:14 pm by Flynn
Image credit: Apple Inc.
- A new report by Apple analyst Ming-Chi Kuo indicates that the next generation iPad Mini 7 will launch in early 2024, with mass production starting in Q1 of the same year.
- The current iPad Mini 6 features an 8.3-inch display, A15 Bionic chip, USB-C port, Touch ID power button, and 5G support. The size of the device may not change much, but there may be an updated design.
- Kuo believes that the main selling point of the iPad Mini 7 will be a new processor, with only a spec bump expected for the device.
- In December, Kuo had expected mass shipments to start in 2023 or H1 of 2024, but his latest tweets suggest that the launch may be delayed.
- Rumors from a Korean leaker suggest the iPad Mini 7 may feature ProMotion display technology, but display analyst Ross Young believes it is unlikely.
Apple fans who were eagerly awaiting the launch of the iPad Mini 7 will have to wait a little longer, according to a report by analyst Ming-Chi Kuo. The next generation of the popular tablet is now expected to launch in early 2024, with mass production starting in the first quarter of that year. This latest information indicates that there will be no new iPad releases in the next nine to twelve months.
The current iPad Mini 6 features an 8.3-inch display, the A15 Bionic chip, USB-C port, Touch ID power button, and 5G support for cellular models. While the size of the device is not expected to change, there may be an updated design. As for specifications, Kuo believes that a new processor will be the main selling point of the iPad Mini 7, with only a spec bump expected for the device. Image credit: 9to5mac In December, Kuo had expected mass shipments of the updated iPad Mini to start towards the end of 2023 or in the first half of 2024. However, his latest tweets suggest that he no longer believes it will launch before the end of this year.
An unreliable rumor from a Korean leaker previously suggested that the next-generation iPad Mini will feature ProMotion display technology, allowing for a maximum 120Hz refresh rate. However, display analyst Ross Young believes that Apple is already working on an iPad Mini 7, but it is unlikely to feature ProMotion technology.
Aside from the iPad Mini 7, Kuo's latest predictions also included a reference to a foldable iPad with a carbon fiber kickstand, which he believes will be launched by Apple sometime in 2024.
As soon as details on the launch date and specifications of the iPad Mini 7 become available, we will keep you updated. Fans of the tablet will no doubt be eager to see what Apple has in store for its latest iteration.
We developed our own custom comment system, Instant Reply, to deliver a tracker-free, fast and easy experience! No sign up required.