Apple incentivizes LG smartphone users to switch to iPhone
30th June, 2021 at 12:19 pm by Divi
- Apple today added new LG smartphones to its list of trade-in eligible devices.
- Trading in these LG smartphones can get users up to $180 in Apple Store credit.
- Other popular Android devices have also been added to Apple's smartphone trade-in service recently.
Since LG announced it would be shutting down its smartphone business recently, Apple has been trying to get LG customers to switch to iPhone. Their efforts have been expanded today as they have added multiple LG smartphones to their list of accepted trade-in devices. These devices can be traded in for an Apple Store gift card of up to $180, depending on the phone’s condition. Here is a list of trade-in eligible LG smartphones:
- LG V60 ThinQ 5G: Up to $180
- LG V50 ThinQ 5G: Up to $125
- LG V40 ThinQ: Up to $65
- LG G8 ThinQ: Up to $70
More information is available on Apple’s website here.
Besides the recent addition of LG smartphones, Apple accepts devices from makers such as Samsung, Google, and HTC as trade-ins in return for store credit. Apple, of course, also accepts previous generations of the iPhone.
Because this trade-in program exists as an incentive to get more users into the Apple Ecosystem, they have also recently added phones such as the newer Google Pixel 5 and the Samsung Galaxy Note 20 to their list of eligible trade-in devices.