Everything new in iOS 14.7
15th July, 2021 at 6:10 am by Ben W
- iOS 14.7 will likely be the last major update to iOS 14
- It includes support for the new MagSafe Battery Pack and other improvements
Next week, Apple will release iOS 14.7 to the public after months of testing. The update is expected to be the final major release of iOS 14, before it is succeeded by iOS 15 this fall.
iOS 14.7 includes support for the newly released MagSafe Battery Pack, which is compatible with all iPhone 12 models. It also introduces shared credit limits for Apple Card, brings air quality information in the Weather app to Spain, Canada, France and other countries, and improves the Podcasts app.
Finally, the update fixes a bug where connecting your iPhone to a WiFi network with specific percentage combinations would disable wireless connectivity.
See the full release notes below:
- MagSafe Battery Pack support for iPhone 12, iPhone 12 mini, iPhone 12 Pro and iPhone 12 Pro Max
- Apple Card Family adds the option to combine credit limits and share one co-owned account with an existing Apple Card user
- Home app adds the ability to manage timers on HomePod
- Air quality information is now available in Weather and Maps for Canada, France, Italy, Netherlands, South Korea, and Spain
- Podcasts library allows you to choose to see all shows or only followed shows
- Share playlist menu option missing in Apple Music
- Dolby Atmos and Apple Music lossless audio playback may unexpectedly stop
- Battery service message that may have disappeared after reboot on some iPhone 11 models is restored
- Braille displays could show invalid information while composing Mail messages
Apple will also release watchOS 7.6, macOS Big Sur 11.5 and tvOS 14.7 next week.